Thursday, December 3, 2009
Hiking
The day after thanksgiving, we went for a hike. I say we but mostly, mommy and daddy went for a hike and carried me and Malachi. I did hike some of it but I didn't feel great (I puked in my car seat) and I was sleepy. Still, it was a neat hike. We hike Hawksbill Crag and the Lost Valley. There's a gigantic overlook at the end of the hike that sticks waaaaay out over the valley between the mountains. It's a long way down and made mommy kinda nervous especially since Malachi is a crazy little guy. I told mommy and daddy that I could see the whole world from up there. I liked the waterfall best on that hike. Lost Valley was mostly a much easier hike in flatness and there's a great big waterfall at the end but there's also a cave. The problem is that you (even a little girl like me) has to crawl to get through the cave. I wasn't very crazy about it and it was wet but it was pretty neat to get way back there. I got to hold my own flashlight and we saw tiny little bats once we got to the back where you can stand up again. We tried to take some pictures in the back of the falls and bats but we had to use the flash and then you could only see the mist from the fall. And last of all, we saw a whole bunch of elk just hanging out in a big field. They make funny noises and they are BIG and pretty and awesome. God did a really good job when he made our hiking spots.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment