Today, I begin blogging at the very old age of 8 months, 1 week. I should catch you up on my life so far, since mommy was slow getting this thing going. I was born on April 8th, 2006 in St. Joseph, MO. I was 8 lb., 4 oz. and had tons and tons of hair...at least that's what I hear. I don't really remember much. Since that day, I've learned a WHOLE bunch and been to lots of new places and met lots of new people.
Here's the short list run down...I came home from the hospital on April 10th and met my dog Jack, who didn't like me much at first but is now my buddy, and my two cats, Simon and Chloe. Daddy says my first words will be "No, Simon" because he gets in trouble so much. Then we went to both grandparent's houses for Easter only a week after that.
I had lots and lots of visitors for a long time. People kept bringing food but I know they just wanted to look at me.
In May, When I was only a month old, I rolled over for the first time and mommy was soooo impressed. Then, for my first big trip (I was only 6 weeks old), mommy and daddy hauled me all the way to Indiana for a campus minister's retreat and then camping at Watkin's Mill with all of mommy's family. It was hot and daddy was very over-protective but I had a good time. I got to go swimming for the first time too. I LOVE water.
July... The next really big event in my life was when I was only 3 months old. Daddy interviewed in a weird place called Arkansas for a job so we all loaded up in the car and drove down. Mommy and Daddy were suprised at how pretty this new land was. Then, not much after that, they said we were moving to Arkansas because daddy got the job and would now be a full-time campus minister. I didn't really know what that was but now I know that it means I sometimes get to stay up WAY past my bedtime and sing really loud with a bunch of college kids when my daddy plays the guitar and the college kids make a big fuss over me and it's a lot of fun.
August...Then a couple of weeks after that, we spent a week in Indiana again for the student leadership conference, came back to Missouri, and packed up our whole house, had a rummage sale, and put all the kitties and doggie in the car and moved south. It was a big, crazy mess but I slept through a lot of it. Then, every week, Mommy and I drove back and forth from Missouri to Arkansas because Mommy had to work another couple of weeks at her old job before she got to stay at home with me all the time.
In September, I got 3rd place in a baby show but I was really the cutest. I also learned how to say "Mom" and mommy got so excited she jumped up and down and I thought taht was really funny and kept saying it over and over.
In October, Mommy spoke at a Ladies Retreat in Missouri so we spent a whole weekend staying up too late and having a good time. The ladies loved me though and I had a pretty good time singing and playing with them. At teh end of October, I got to be a bumblebee. My grandma Mary made my costume and we got lots of candy. Mommy ate most of it. She said it was the only way I'd get to eat it because I'm too little and still breastfeed so technically, when she eats candy, I eat candy. I think she just likes candy.
Then in November, I learned an amazing trick that made Daddy very proud. Mommy calls it matching pitch. Really, when she sings, I just sing the same thing she's singing but mommy and daddy think it's neat. WHen they try to record me doing it, I stop. It's a fun game. I also got my first 3 teeth in November. We went home to my grandparent's houses for Thanksgiving and heard how big I was getting a lot. We also got to go to my grandma Mary's dog's birthday party. He's 2. It was fun to wear hats and eat icing from his cupcakes.
And that brings us to now. This month, I got my 4th and 5th tooth and am getting my 6th tooth. Mommy says I've been super cranky because of it but it hurts. I'm also trying to crawl but can't figure out how my legs work yet. I also don't like to be away from my mommy at all. I want her right beside me all the time and when I can't see her, I cry and cry until she comes and gets me. And most recently, I've decided that I'm not going to sleep anymore. I just don't like it and I won't do it. Mommy says it's not nice to do that to her but I don't care. I'm still gonna refuse.
Here's the short list run down...I came home from the hospital on April 10th and met my dog Jack, who didn't like me much at first but is now my buddy, and my two cats, Simon and Chloe. Daddy says my first words will be "No, Simon" because he gets in trouble so much. Then we went to both grandparent's houses for Easter only a week after that.
In May, When I was only a month old, I rolled over for the first time and mommy was soooo impressed. Then, for my first big trip (I was only 6 weeks old), mommy and daddy hauled me all the way to Indiana for a campus minister's retreat and then camping at Watkin's Mill with all of mommy's family. It was hot and daddy was very over-protective but I had a good time. I got to go swimming for the first time too. I LOVE water.
July... The next really big event in my life was when I was only 3 months old. Daddy interviewed in a weird place called Arkansas for a job so we all loaded up in the car and drove down. Mommy and Daddy were suprised at how pretty this new land was. Then, not much after that, they said we were moving to Arkansas because daddy got the job and would now be a full-time campus minister. I didn't really know what that was but now I know that it means I sometimes get to stay up WAY past my bedtime and sing really loud with a bunch of college kids when my daddy plays the guitar and the college kids make a big fuss over me and it's a lot of fun.
August...Then a couple of weeks after that, we spent a week in Indiana again for the student leadership conference, came back to Missouri, and packed up our whole house, had a rummage sale, and put all the kitties and doggie in the car and moved south. It was a big, crazy mess but I slept through a lot of it. Then, every week, Mommy and I drove back and forth from Missouri to Arkansas because Mommy had to work another couple of weeks at her old job before she got to stay at home with me all the time.
In September, I got 3rd place in a baby show but I was really the cutest. I also learned how to say "Mom" and mommy got so excited she jumped up and down and I thought taht was really funny and kept saying it over and over.
In October, Mommy spoke at a Ladies Retreat in Missouri so we spent a whole weekend staying up too late and having a good time. The ladies loved me though and I had a pretty good time singing and playing with them. At teh end of October, I got to be a bumblebee. My grandma Mary made my costume and we got lots of candy. Mommy ate most of it. She said it was the only way I'd get to eat it because I'm too little and still breastfeed so technically, when she eats candy, I eat candy. I think she just likes candy.
Then in November, I learned an amazing trick that made Daddy very proud. Mommy calls it matching pitch. Really, when she sings, I just sing the same thing she's singing but mommy and daddy think it's neat. WHen they try to record me doing it, I stop. It's a fun game. I also got my first 3 teeth in November. We went home to my grandparent's houses for Thanksgiving and heard how big I was getting a lot. We also got to go to my grandma Mary's dog's birthday party. He's 2. It was fun to wear hats and eat icing from his cupcakes.
P.S. I wanted to put all my pictures on here but mommy says there are WAY too many and it takes a long time to get each one on here.
1 comment:
Lots of hugs, from Larry, Elaine and Kerri Jo, to the cutest little girl we know!
Post a Comment