Saturday, January 6, 2007

Christmas was LOONNNNGGG!













I thought Christmas was a one-day thing but it's not. It lasts 2 1/2 weeks. We left Arkansas on December 15th and finally came home on January the 2nd. We had a pretty good time though. I got lots these neat things called presents that grandmas like to give lots of and my Aunt Annie likes to give lots of....she even gives them on days that aren't Christmas....she calls them my "nice things". I like her a lot. First, we spent a few days with my mommy's mom and dad. My poor kitty Simon hid almost the whole time we were there.

Then we went to my daddy's mom and dad's for Christmas Eve and opened presents and ate things that mommy said not to get used to eating and then more people came over and we opened more presents and ate more things. I sure was happy my teeth were all in. They helped. I got lots of books, some clothes, and some toys. Grandma even got me some jammies with my name on them and a book that says my own name in it. Then we went back to grandma and grandpa paxton's for Christmas day. They get up early and I was cranky (like my daddy is in the mornings) but my grandpa made me a really cool rocking horse and I got lots more books and toys and my uncle caleb's new cd too. And, we ate some more stuff (grandma and aunt annie sneak me lots of chocolate and ice cream and even some coffee).
And then, the day after Christmas, we went to see my Great grandma and grandad in Western Nebraska. The have these great big animals called cows and horses and live WAAAYYY out in the country on something called a ranch. And, we ate a lot more, I got more clothes, books, and toys and then grandad said the snow was coming so we had to go back to Missouri.


We also got to go see some of mommy and daddy's friends from college in Kansas City and some of them have babies so I liked that a lot.

And, finally, on New Years Eve, mommy and daddy went to play with some more of their college friends and Grandma got to watch me. Then, the next day, mommy and daddy watched football with grandpa.....and at last, we got back in the car and went back home.

They said I was a good girl most of the time but I sure am happy to be home again even though it was a lot of fun. A baby needs her bed...even when she's never in it

No comments: