Wednesday, December 12, 2007

CRASH!

Mommy and I were on our way to meet Carrie and Anna Jane at Barnes and Noble today and we got in a crash. It was a big one, too. We were just happily singing some songs and going up the road when a big SUV turned right in front of us. Mommy tried to stop but she couldn't and BAM! We smashed into the side of that big ole thing and our car is so small and their car is so big that the bumper of our car went down and the top of our car went up. It was a big mess and the air bags came out and made a weird smell and noise and the window shattered and made a big noise and the radiator came off the car (the policeman told us that part. Mom was very scared but when she found out how scared I was, she didn't cry. She just helped me calm down. Everyone is fine. Mommy has bruised knees and and owie on her finger but that's all, we think. I'm fine because Mommy is a car seat nazi and always makes sure my seat is installed properly and that I'm in super snug and now she's VERY thankful that despite daddy's complaining, she left me rear facing and now will continue to do so until the seat says I'm too big for that. Anyway, the car is very definitely totaled and had to be towed away. The policemen were extrememly nice and helpful and comforting and one even let me sit in his car to keep warm and I liked it. He also took us to the police station after we were all done and got us a new seat. He was impressed that mommy was a car seat technician, I think. He said sometimes the insurance agencies aren't very helpful about replacing the seats so he made sure we got a new one. Actually, all of the police were super wonderful and Mommy is thankful that she lives in a town where police are both professional and kind. Let the search for a mini-van begin, people! Dear Santa, we'd like a mini-van for Christmas.

6 comments:

Layna said...

Oh my gosh! I'm glad y'all are okay. I bet that was scary....

Melissa said...

Thank goodness you two are alright! How awful! I take it the driver of the SUV is ok too?

Olivia Michal said...

yeah. they're fine. Their monster car was a little scratched. :)

laura said...

i'm glad you guys are safe! how scary! my mom is a car seat safety technician, and she works hard to convince everyone to leave their babies rear-facing as long as possible. so good job, amy!

Melissa said...

Melissa has left you the "awesome mommy" award on her blog at fabulousfergusons.blogspot.com!

Daphne/Jude said...

Oh LIVI!!!!! That sounds so scary!! I was in a wreck once, too, I was only two weeks old. But it wasn't near as bad as this! I am so thankful that you and your mom are okay!!!! We love you guys!!!!