Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm 3...part 2

After Daddy got home from work, we went to Chuck E. Cheese for supper and special birthday play time. Max's gave us some tokens for Easter so we got to play an extra long time. AND THEN...dum dum dum....the thing happened that I've been dreading for a looonnnggg time......BEDTIME! Mommy and Daddy and I have been talking about how being 3 means you're a big girl for several weeks and big girls don't use pacis. When I woke up on my birthday and Mommy said "Happy Birthday, Livi." I said, "Mommy, I'm 3 but I still have my paci". But at bedtime, after books, stories, songs, and prayers, Daddy brought in a very special box that had flower petals in it and told me that if I put all of my pacis in it all night long, they would turn into a special surprise for me in the morning. We had to talk about it a long time before I decided to go with it. I had to tell my Care Bears about it before bed and I had to talk in my bed a long time before I fell asleep but, guess what? It worked (Mommy and Daddy are VERY thankful for Supernanny paci technique)!!! This morning, I was very excited to see what my pacis turned in to. I was very pleased with my own special stickers with my name and picture on them, some candy, a chalkboard, a banana, granola bar, and my very own pack of gum.

No comments: